Sealing violation loading org.apache.log4j.spi.RootCategory How do i solve this?.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Prakash_Mandaleeka
Posted On:   Monday, February 17, 2003 12:40 PM

I am getting the followign exception when i deploy a struts based project on the Sun's J2EE Reference Implementation. The project is workign fine when i deploy the same ear file on the websphere application server. The Exception i get is: java.lang.SecurityException: Sealing violation loading org.apache.log4j.spi.RootCategory : Package org.apache.log4j.spi is sealed. at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1536) at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:856) at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1286) at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(Web   More>>

I am getting the followign exception when i deploy a struts based project on the Sun's J2EE Reference Implementation.
The project is workign fine when i deploy the same ear file on the websphere application server.

The Exception i get is:

java.lang.SecurityException: Sealing violation loading org.apache.log4j.spi.RootCategory : Package org.apache.log4j.spi is sealed.
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1536)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:856)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1286)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1169)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:310)
at com.ams.framework.util.AMSFrameworkProperties.refresh(AMSFrameworkProperties.java:64)
at com.ams.framework.util.AMSFrameworkProperties.getFrameworkHash(AMSFrameworkProperties.java:31)
at com.ams.framework.util.AMSFrameworkProperties.getProperty(AMSFrameworkProperties.java:43)
at com.ams.framework.Foundation.getProperty(Foundation.java:835)
at com.ams.taglib.html.PageBannerTag.doEndTag(PageBannerTag.java:54)
at org.apache.jsp.Sacwis$jsp._jspService(Sacwis$jsp.java:172)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:202)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$0(ApplicationFilterChain.java:197)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterChain.java:176)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:201)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:368)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1012)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Could anybody please tell me how to fix this problem, and why this exception is occuring.

Thanks.

<<Less

Re: Sealing violation loading org.apache.log4j.spi.RootCategory How do i solve this?.

Posted By:   James_Bayer  
Posted On:   Monday, February 17, 2003 01:14 PM

based off of googling that exception and the repsonses, such as this one, it appears like you may have two or more jars that define a org.apache.log4j.spi package. since one of the jars is sealed, having another jar define classes in that package is not allowed. you may want to check to see if you need both jars or if one is a duplicate.
About | Sitemap | Contact