Appropriate Architecture for my Web Application
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   h_kumar
Posted On:   Sunday, February 16, 2003 12:08 PM

I OWN A SMALL WEB APPLICATION WHICH SHOULD BE ACCESSIBLE WORLD WIDE. I AM CURRENTLY USING APACHE BOTH AS A WEB/APPSERVER. RIGHT NOW THE TIERS I AM FOLLOWING ARE ------------------------------------------------------------ FOR THE FRONT END(VIEW) I AM USING HTML/JSP/JAVASCRIPT. ------------------------------------------------------------ FOR THE MIDDLE TIER(CONTROLLER) I AM USING SERVLETS. ------------------------------------------------------------ FOR THE BACK END(MODEL) I AM USING JAVABEANS(NOT THE BDK OF from SUN.) I AM USING JAVA CLASSES CONSISTING OF JDBC CLASSES AND OTHER RELATED CONNECTION CLASSES TO CONNECT TO GET THE DATA FROM THE DATABASE. ------------------------------------------------------------I   More>>

I OWN A SMALL WEB APPLICATION WHICH SHOULD BE ACCESSIBLE WORLD WIDE. I AM CURRENTLY USING APACHE BOTH AS A WEB/APPSERVER. RIGHT NOW THE TIERS I AM FOLLOWING ARE
------------------------------------------------------------
FOR THE FRONT END(VIEW) I AM USING HTML/JSP/JAVASCRIPT.
FOR THE MIDDLE TIER(CONTROLLER) I AM USING SERVLETS.
FOR THE BACK END(MODEL) I AM USING JAVABEANS(NOT THE BDK OF from SUN.) I AM USING JAVA CLASSES CONSISTING OF JDBC CLASSES AND OTHER RELATED CONNECTION CLASSES TO CONNECT TO GET THE DATA FROM THE DATABASE.
------------------------------------------------------------I AM ASSUMING I WONT BE ABLE TO SPEND MUCH MONEY ON IT AS IT APPEARS NOW.
CAN ANYBODY SUGGEST SOME GOOD ARCHITECTURES FOR MY KIND OF SITUATION? (AS I DONOT HAVE EXTENSIVE WEB DEVLEOPMENT EXPERIENCE I AM NOT ABLE TO DECIDE ON THE APPROPRIATE ARCHITECTURE I NEED TO USE FOR MY KIND OF SITUATION). OF LATE I HAVE STARTED LEANING A LITTLE BIT TOWARDS STRUTS.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

<<Less

Re: Appropriate Architecture for my Web Application

Posted By:   cem_tekin  
Posted On:   Sunday, April 6, 2003 06:02 AM

hi there,

don't get caught in the middle of servlet-bean-strut-whatever jungle.

i basically use objects (classes) and taglib tags. for the most complex duties (no corporate issues of course) these are more than enough. gain experience on the basics and you will see that in most cases they are enough.

use my e-mail for further questions: tekin65@yahoo.com

bye.

cem

About | Sitemap | Contact