dcsimg
Encrytion and Decryption
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sujatha_Kumaran
Posted On:   Monday, February 3, 2003 09:02 AM

Hi I would like to know how to solve this problem in J2EE application. To connect to the database I need to have a user/passowrd. At the moment I have a properties file with username/passowrd as entries in plain text. So what the question is I should encrypt the username/password for sure. Now I get overwhelmed in my options.What is the best way to encrypt/decrypt username/password.I know i need to use some crytography technique to encrypt the username/password, but in J2EE application before deploying the war file i have to have the username/password as the encrypted value. My application server is SilverStream Application Server. Then in    More>>

Hi

I would like to know how to solve this problem in J2EE application.

To connect to the database I need to have a user/passowrd.
At the moment I have a properties file with username/passowrd as entries in plain text.

So what the question is I should encrypt the username/password for sure.

Now I get overwhelmed in my options.What is the best way to encrypt/decrypt username/password.I know i need to use some crytography technique to encrypt the username/password, but in J2EE application before deploying the war file i have to have the username/password as the encrypted value.

My application server is SilverStream Application Server.

Then in the code I need to do the decryption whereever i am referring the username/password.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this type of issue. Seems like a common problem.

Thanks in Advance

Kumaran.S

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact