Basic Doubt in J2EE Application
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sujatha_Kumaran
Posted On:   Friday, January 31, 2003 01:01 PM

Hi In My Web Application i am using the properties files to store the database username and password.Right now the username and password are stored it as clear text. My Need :- I need to cipher the database username and password and store that cipher content in the properties file.I know i need to use some encryption technology to cipher the username and password. But what i want is how to set the encrypted value [once the username and password is encrypted using some algorithms] in the properties file dynamically in J2EE applications? How In J2EE applications how they will store the Database Username and Password i.e., whether in the properties file or somewhere else    More>>

Hi

In My Web Application i am using the properties files to store the database username and password.Right now the username and password are stored it as clear text.

My Need :-

I need to cipher the database username and password and store that cipher content in the properties file.I know i need to use some encryption technology to cipher the username and password.

But what i want is how to set the encrypted value [once the username and password is encrypted using some algorithms] in the properties file dynamically in J2EE applications?

How In J2EE applications how they will store the Database Username and Password i.e., whether in the properties file or somewhere else and it will be in encrypt form or in plain text?

Thanks,

Kumaar.S

<<Less

Re: Basic Doubt in J2EE Application

Posted By:   Lasse_Koskela  
Posted On:   Sunday, February 2, 2003 05:13 AM

At least WebLogic uses this approach:

1) Administrator types in the plaintext password into a configuration file (.xml, .properties, whatever).

2) Administrator starts the application server.

3) Application server reads the password and, if it's in plaintext, ciphers it.
About | Sitemap | Contact