How to search in the Forums
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, January 17, 2003 03:57 AM

Today I had the problem again: how to search in the Forum ? In Log4J-Forum is question ( How to redirect the standard output to the Logger? ) and I know that there is an answer in another thread (heavily discussed some weeks ago). But I couldn´t find the Thread in the Search. I did a search on the main page, on the Log4J-Forum page ... No hits. I found the thread by stepping through ALL the Threads in Log4J-Forum (not so many there): Redirection of existing println's . I tried a search with "redirect" and "redirection", but no hits.    More>>

Today I had the problem again: how to search in the Forum ? In Log4J-Forum is question ( How to redirect the standard output to the Logger? ) and I know that there is an answer in another thread (heavily discussed some weeks ago).

But I couldn´t find the Thread in the Search. I did a search on the main page, on the Log4J-Forum page ... No hits.

I found the thread by stepping through ALL the Threads in Log4J-Forum (not so many there): Redirection of existing println's .

I tried a search with "redirect" and "redirection", but no hits.

<<Less

Re: How to search in the Forums

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, January 17, 2003 07:23 AM

Maybe you were down in the wrong specific forum when you did the search?

I always click on the "FORUMS" button first to get to the top level, and then search, so it is not constrained.

Also I click on the "show Any" link when the result page comes up, because the default is to only show you "edited" responses (e.g. FAQ entries).

About | Sitemap | Contact