dcsimg
Do I have to choose between alternative and related?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jason_Bailey
Posted On:   Friday, January 10, 2003 07:55 AM

I've been tasked to improve a mailer that we use to update our customers with news and information. Because our clients use a variety of interfaces it was requested that we use multipart/alternative so that the information will look correct regardless of their interface. I was then asked to see about including images within the HTML portion of the email. From what I can gather to get an image to appear I have to declare the mail to be multipart/related. Which defeats the use of alternative. So.. from what I have found so far I can either have embedded images so the email won't show up correctly in all viewers or I can a multipart/alternative and no embedded images. is this c   More>>

I've been tasked to improve a mailer that we use to update our customers with news and information. Because our clients use a variety of interfaces it was requested that we use multipart/alternative so that the information will look correct regardless of their interface.

I was then asked to see about including images within the HTML portion of the email.

From what I can gather to get an image to appear I have to declare the mail to be multipart/related. Which defeats the use of alternative.

So.. from what I have found so far I can either have embedded images so the email won't show up correctly in all viewers or I can a multipart/alternative and no embedded images.

is this correct?

thanks

<<Less

Re: Do I have to choose between alternative and related?

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, January 10, 2003 08:31 AM

I think the MIME multipart structure can be hierarchical, so try maybe a multipart/alternative at the top level, choosing between plain text and html Then in the part for the html version, internally make it a multipart/related, with the images and the html as further sub-parts?

About | Sitemap | Contact