what is the process once a game is developed to enabling it onto a mobile phone?
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 25, 2002 04:59 PM

I am hoping one of you guys will be able to assist me. Bascially I am starting my dissertation on the success of mobile gaming in the far east and how it will take off in the UK as ring tones have. You may know it is very simple to download a ring tone by calling a premium rate number and waiting and voila u have a new ring tone. This i am assuming will be the case for mobile games, however how is this done what is required ie once the game is developed if I wanted to offer this game to the public and built an e-commerce site how would I do this and what would be the technology involved. Does anyone have any information or can someone please point me into the right direction. As you can imagine this a new topic and I am s   More>>

I am hoping one of you guys will be able to assist me. Bascially I am starting my dissertation on the success of mobile gaming in the far east and how it will take off in the UK as ring tones have. You may know it is very simple to download a ring tone by calling a premium rate number and waiting and voila u have a new ring tone.

This i am assuming will be the case for mobile games, however how is this done what is required ie once the game is developed if I wanted to offer this game to the public and built an e-commerce site how would I do this and what would be the technology involved.

Does anyone have any information or can someone please point me into the right direction. As you can imagine this a new topic and I am struggling to find out information as to how this would be done.
   <<Less

Re: what is the process once a game is developed to enabling it onto a mobile phone?

Posted On:   Friday, March 7, 2003 09:45 AM

Dear Attif,

What uni are you currently attending?
I'm doing a similar dissertaion.

May be we could meet up. Which part of the UK are you based?Wanna exchange reports for references?
Mail me @ n_t@london.com

Cheers.

Re: what is the process once a game is developed to enabling it onto a mobile phone?

Posted On:   Friday, March 7, 2003 09:37 AM

Dear Attif,

What uni are you currently attending?
I'm doing a similar project.

Wanna exchange reports for references?
Mail me.

Cheers.

Posted By:   Lech_Migdal  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 2, 2003 11:23 PM

Hi

I think you should use OTA (Over The Air), I think that 99% of Java enabled phones are also Net (and probably GPRS) enabled.

And most of them (well, at least Nokia for sure ;) ) have build-in OTA.

regards

Leszek

Posted By:   Udayan_Joshi  
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 31, 2002 08:27 AM

Hi,

For the Motorola J2ME phones that work with the Nextel networks ( iDEN Phones ), a utility( Motorola Java Application Loader Lite) to download compiled code is available from the Motorola iDEN developers site ( http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/developer/developer_home.jsp ).

Use this utility to connect your phone to a PC on the serial port and download your game/application.

If the application/game is making any network connections ( http etc. ) then you need to apply for and obtain a different version of the Application Loader( details available on the iDEN website...).

The J2ME phones available for Verizon also have a data connectivity kit available that lets you do the same thing.

AT&T has still not released the data conenctivity kit for the Motorola J2ME phone that it offers.

And there always is the emulator built-in the J2ME Wireless Development Toolkit (http://java.sun.com/products/j2mewtoolkit/):-)

Have fun,
-udayan-
About | Sitemap | Contact