dcsimg
new output file problem
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 11, 2002 12:40 PM

I wrote before about the output file path. The log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed. error seems to happen anytime the output file can't be found and doesn't indicate it's not being passed. I tried a few more things and got a little further. It seems to be more a log4j with Jdeveloper problem as described following: I am trying to use log4j with Jdeveloper. I've tried using a .properties and .xml configuration file. I've tried running it on HP-UX and Win2k. On HP-UX I get an error message that the file doesn't have needed permissions even though all pemissions are set. On Win2k it finds the file, but doesn't write to it. It doesn't error and writes only to the console but not to the fileAppender. It works fro   More>>

I wrote before about the output file path. The

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.

error seems to happen anytime the output file can't be found and doesn't indicate it's not being passed. I tried a few more things and got a little further. It seems to be more a log4j with Jdeveloper problem as described following:

I am trying to use log4j with Jdeveloper. I've tried using a .properties and .xml configuration file. I've tried running it on HP-UX and Win2k. On HP-UX I get an error message that the file doesn't have needed permissions even though all pemissions are set. On Win2k it finds the file, but doesn't write to it. It doesn't error and writes only to the console but not to the fileAppender. It works from the commandline on Win2k -writing to both the file and the console - but not from JDev, with the same classpath. I haven't tried it from the commandline on HP-UX. I'd appreciate any suggestions. I don't know what else to try.

Thanks

Zoa Buske

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact