dcsimg
Constants.CONFIGFILENAME!_NEWLINE_!!_NEWLINE_!Where would Constants.CONFIGFILENAME be set???!_NEWLINE_!Thanks in advance,
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nunzio_Fiore
Posted On:   Friday, December 6, 2002 05:15 AM

Hi Folks: Recently I have encountered this error: An error occurred at line: 4 in the jsp file: /admin/list.jsp Generated servlet error: [javac] Compiling 1 source file %CATALINA_HOME%workStandalonelocalhostsoapadminlist$jsp.java:50: cannot resolve symbol symbol : method getInitParameter (java.lang.String) location: interface javax.servlet.ServletContext configFilename = application.getInitParameter(Constants.CONFIGFILENAME); Where would Constants.CONFIGFILENAME be set??? Thanks in advance, Nunzio Fiore    More>>

Hi Folks:

Recently I have encountered this error:

An error occurred at line: 4 in the jsp

file: /admin/list.jsp

Generated servlet error:

[javac] Compiling 1 source file

%CATALINA_HOME%workStandalonelocalhostsoapadminlist$jsp.java:50: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : method getInitParameter (java.lang.String)
configFilename = application.getInitParameter(Constants.CONFIGFILENAME);

Where would Constants.CONFIGFILENAME be set???

Thanks in advance,

Nunzio Fiore

<<Less

Re: Constants.CONFIGFILENAME Where would Constants.CONFIGFILENAME be set??? Thanks in advance,

Posted By:   Sebastian_Beyer  
Posted On:   Saturday, December 7, 2002 03:35 AM

Hi Nuzio,

First you have to know, where the static variable Constants.CONFIGFILENAME points to. You can do that by printing Constants.getClass().getName() or something similar. That sho0uld return the whole path including the clasname Constants.
Then look, whether your webapp is able to reach that class and, if you have the source, if this Constant CONFIGFILENAME exists in the class.
If you are using a good IDE for developing you can also figure the class out bye typing Constants. and wait for suggestions.
I think you have add the package including class Constants to your classpath or to add it to the right lib-directory (%CATALINA_HOMR%commonlib).

Greetings from Hamburg/Germany

Re: Constants.CONFIGFILENAME!_NEWLINE_!!_NEWLINE_!Where would Constants.CONFIGFILENAME be set???!_NEWLINE_!Thanks in advance,

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Friday, December 6, 2002 09:20 AM

Ciao Nunzio,

I don't know the solution to you issue, but I would think that since the code is using

configFilename = application.getInitParameter(Constants.CONFIGFILENAME);

it means that the code is trying to read a value from the context init parameters of the web application descriptor of your web application.

Constants is probably a source file that defines all the constants, and I seriously doubt you need to change that file.

You probably need to check what String do correspond to that file, and then change (or set), the value you want to give to that String, from inside the web.xml of your web application.

About | Sitemap | Contact