if i can send a mail in japnese why not in...
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   asheer_sava
Posted On:   Friday, November 29, 2002 07:40 PM

hi all! if i can send a mail in japnese why not in arabic?.what i m doing wrong tell me bcz i send mail in arabic but reach their decimal values(i.e &;#1788 and &;1735).i tell u what i m doing. 1- I m setting(UTF-8) content type for both servlet and the jsp( with a textfield whose values in arabic are passed to servlet). 2-I m using get byte and get a final string str(now in byte form). 3-out.println(str) the above line is showing all right in browser unicode character which was in textfield but a problem when i minimize the browser text(arabic) vanishes from page and another problem not printed right on console (right printed in browser with out.println) 4-if i pri   More>>

hi all!
if i can send a mail in japnese why not in arabic?.what i m doing wrong tell
me bcz i send mail in arabic but reach their decimal values(i.e &;#1788 and &;1735).i tell u what i m doing.
1- I m setting(UTF-8) content type for both servlet and the jsp( with a textfield whose values
in arabic are passed to servlet).
2-I m using get byte and get a final string str(now in byte form).
3-out.println(str)
the above line is showing all right in browser unicode character which was in
textfield but a problem when i minimize the browser text(arabic) vanishes from
page and another problem not printed right on console (right printed in browser with out.println)

4-if i print the above string i.e
System.out.println(str)

than now decimel values are printed on jbuilder console not actual and hence these are recieved in mail.its means
if i could get right values on console than also will be sent right.

thanx if u could solve my this anicient problem(at least four or five months old)

<<Less

Re: if i can send a mail in japnese why not in...

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Saturday, November 30, 2002 08:54 PM

If you read the replies to past questions you've posted, you'll see that you can't print 16-bit strings with System.out.println. It really really helps if you read responses to questions you've already posted and act on them instead of creating the same thread over and over again. You can also reply to a reply so all the information on your problem can be kept together in one thread. This allows someone to see how you're progressing, possibly seeing how you might be misinterpretting a response, and pointing you in a better direction.
About | Sitemap | Contact