Java Web Start fails to load JPEG files with JDK1.4.1 but works with JDK1.3.1
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Christer_Nordvik
Posted On:   Monday, November 11, 2002 02:38 PM

I have a small app that uses GIF and JPEG images, but it doesn't work with Java Web Start 1.2. I have specified that I want all permissions so it shouldn't be a security problem. I am reading/writing files and everything works great in 1.3. I have specified J2SE version "1.4.0+" in the JNLP file. If I specify "1.3" then it loads ok, but with 1.4.1 I get the following error dumped to a log file: An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM. Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x6D2835EB Function=JNI_OnLoad+0x249 Library=C:Program FilesJavaj2re1.4.1_01 injpeg.dll Current Java thread: at sun.awt.im   More>>

I have a small app that uses GIF and JPEG images, but it doesn't work with Java Web Start 1.2.

I have specified that I want all permissions so it shouldn't be a security problem. I am reading/writing files and everything works great in 1.3.

I have specified J2SE version "1.4.0+" in the JNLP file. If I specify "1.3" then it loads ok, but with 1.4.1 I get the following error dumped to a log file:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x6D2835EB
Function=JNI_OnLoad+0x249
Library=C:Program FilesJavaj2re1.4.1_01 injpeg.dll

Current Java thread:
at sun.awt.image.JPEGImageDecoder.readImage(Native Method)
at sun.awt.image.JPEGImageDecoder.produceImage(JPEGImageDecoder.java:144)
at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(InputStreamImageSource.java:257)
at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(ImageFetcher.java:168)
at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(ImageFetcher.java:136)

Would really appreciate help on this one!

-Christer    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact