Escape characters in File Templates.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Leigh_Singer
Posted On:   Monday, November 4, 2002 04:12 AM

I wish to know the set of escape characters that can be used in File Templates. The problem: I want to use the following tags in my templates: $Author $ $Revision $ These are used by our version control system, independently of idea. However, idea uses the $ symbol to denote keywords in idea. Hence when I create my file using this template, the dialogue prompts me to enter these fields. The question: How do I escape the $ character in file templates? Alternatively, Is there a way to assign a value to a keyword in idea? e.g. of the form $Author==$Author .    More>>

I wish to know the set of escape characters that can be used in File Templates.

The problem: I want to use the following tags in my templates:

$Author $
$Revision $

These are used by our version control system, independently of idea. However, idea uses the $ symbol to denote keywords in idea. Hence when I create my file using this template, the dialogue prompts me to enter these fields.

The question: How do I escape the $ character in file templates?

Alternatively, Is there a way to assign a value to a keyword in idea? e.g. of the form

$Author==$Author
.    <<Less

Re: Escape characters in File Templates.

Posted By:   Leigh_Singer  
Posted On:   Monday, November 4, 2002 07:12 AM

FYI I have found a work-around for this using an include file to hold the parameter that is prefied with the $. When I have an "includes" file TheAuthor.java that has a parameter

$Author: $

and reference that in my file template e.g.

#parse("TheAuthor.java")

I can get around my intial problem.

I would still be interested in knowing the escape characters for future reference if anyone knows them!

Thanks Leigh.

About | Sitemap | Contact