dcsimg
request.getRemoteUser
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jason_Jenkins
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 16, 2002 05:40 PM

Hello, I am wondering if its possible to retrieve the RemoteUser from another server that does authentication; If the user successfuly authenticates his/herself on the authentication server (AUTHSERVER) they are then forwarded to another server (APPSERVER). Once forwarded, APPSERVER takes the remote user and checks to see if the user is registered for the application. CLIENT -> AUTHSERVER -> forward remoteuser -> APPSERVER As of now, I am able to successfuly complete this process going from the AUTHSERVER (which runs apache) to the APPSERVER (which runs Coldfusion on Apache 1.3.26). The current APPSERVER can retrieve the remote user. However when I try to simulate this with Tomcat (Standalone) I    More>>

Hello, I am wondering if its possible to retrieve the RemoteUser from another server that does authentication; If the user successfuly authenticates his/herself on the authentication server (AUTHSERVER) they are then forwarded to another server (APPSERVER). Once forwarded, APPSERVER takes the remote user and checks to see if the user is registered for the application.

CLIENT -> AUTHSERVER -> forward remoteuser -> APPSERVER

As of now, I am able to successfuly complete this process going from the AUTHSERVER (which runs apache) to the APPSERVER (which runs Coldfusion on Apache 1.3.26). The current APPSERVER can retrieve the remote user. However when I try to simulate this with Tomcat (Standalone) I get a NULL returned from request.getRemoteUser().

Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this?

<<Less

Re: request.getRemoteUser

Posted By:   Jason_Jenkins  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 16, 2002 06:08 PM

nevermind, im stupid. figured it out.
About | Sitemap | Contact