dcsimg
Communicating with C++
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   neal_ravindran
Posted On:   Saturday, October 12, 2002 06:08 PM

I have a Java servlet that needs to contact a C++ application. I was thinking of using JNI...but since it would then become not a 100% Java soln., opted out of it. The communciation is back and forth multiple times. In my case need to pass multiple XML messages back and forth between a Java servlet and a C++ application. So I guess SOAP would the best way to do it. My first doubt is can the Java servlet and the C++ application talk back and forth like in a req-response paradigm on its own? Meaning the Java servlet sends a SOAP message to C++ app, the C++ app responds with an XML message back, and then the Java servlet processes that XML message and generates another XML message..on and on for some cycles. The servlet starts all this c   More>>

I have a Java servlet that needs to contact a C++ application.
I was thinking of using JNI...but since it would then become not a 100% Java soln., opted out of it.

The communciation is back and forth multiple times. In my case need to pass multiple XML messages back and forth between a Java servlet and a C++ application. So I guess SOAP would the best way to do it. My first doubt is can the Java servlet and the C++ application talk back and forth like in a req-response paradigm on its own? Meaning the Java servlet sends a SOAP message to C++ app, the C++ app responds with an XML message back, and then the Java servlet processes that XML message and generates another XML message..on and on for some cycles. The servlet starts all this communication when a user presses a button on the user interface. In the end(meaning, after all those XML messages back and forth between the Java servlet and C++ app) the user needs to get a final output(a different gui from the inital one)

If somebody has done something similar, pls share the experience...or better, if you have some kind of link handy that would help.

<<Less

Re: Communicating with C++

Posted By:   Bryan_Dollery  
Posted On:   Monday, October 14, 2002 03:39 AM

Hi,

I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with using SOAP. I would be more concerned about the amount of time this series of conversations would take.

Cheers,

Bryan
About | Sitemap | Contact