High Traffic configuration - giving priority to consumers
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Michael_Zemmour
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 9, 2002 03:31 AM

Hello Is there a possibility to define the priority given to the consumers of different queue ? I don't want to use control-flow and to limit the producers rate. So my cache size is unlimited. In the other hand, I want to give more priority to the slowest consumers. This is my case: I have 2 queue, A and B. The consumers of A (say A1,A2) are quite slow while the consumers of B (say B1,B2) are fast. Since the flow is from A to B, I have a bottle-neck at A. The wonderful thing is that after a while (more than 15 minutes), the JMS B queue begins to get filled also and the JMS A queue begins to get emptied. Then, the two queues are emptied and the whole system works perfectly, each consumers gettin   More>>

Hello

Is there a possibility to define the priority given to the consumers of different queue ? I don't want to use control-flow and to limit the producers rate. So my cache size is unlimited. In the other hand, I want to give more priority to the slowest consumers.

This is my case: I have 2 queue, A and B. The consumers of A (say A1,A2) are quite slow while the consumers of B (say B1,B2) are fast.

Since the flow is from A to B, I have a bottle-neck at A. The wonderful thing is that after a while (more than 15 minutes), the JMS B queue begins to get filled also and the JMS A queue begins to get emptied. Then, the two queues are emptied and the whole system works perfectly, each consumers getting the good time frame for performing his job. Is there a possibility to download this configuration and by this to avoid the downtime of the beginning when the queue A is full ?

I'm using SwiftMQ 2.1.3 on one Linux computer.

Thanks, Michael

<<Less

Re: High Traffic configuration - giving priority to consumers

Posted By:   Gregor_Kovac  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 9, 2002 10:19 PM

Hi!

No, I don't think there is such a feature. What you can do is:

-if you know what consumer is slower (maybe measure it yourself or use the throughtput property (sorry I don't remember on which swiftlet it is)) then you could dinamicaly set the priority of the message.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Kovi
About | Sitemap | Contact