dcsimg
Create WebApplicationWEB-INFclasses directory JBuilder5
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   HELIGON_Sandra
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 2, 2002 05:12 AM

Environment: Tomcat4.0.4 and JBuilder5 I defined a JBuilder5 project web.jpr, in which I added a web application node that points on the TOMCAT_HOMEwebappsMyAppli directory. I would like to know if JBuilder automatically creates the TOMCAT_HOMEwebappsMyAppliclasses directory. All the .class files of my project have to be in the TOMCAT_HOMEwebappsMyAppliclasses. I don't know why when I compile or run my application the classes directory is not always present and the content is not the same than the project output path. I would like to know if it is possible to configure the JBuilder options in order to not start Tomcat as Standalone but as add-in with Apache.    More>>

Environment: Tomcat4.0.4 and JBuilder5

I defined a JBuilder5 project web.jpr, in which I added
a web application node that points on the
TOMCAT_HOMEwebappsMyAppli directory.
I would like to know if JBuilder automatically creates
the TOMCAT_HOMEwebappsMyAppliclasses directory.
All the .class files of my project have to be in the
TOMCAT_HOMEwebappsMyAppliclasses.
I don't know why when I compile or run my application
the classes directory is not always present and the content is not the same than the project output path.

I would like to know if it is possible to configure the
JBuilder options in order to not start Tomcat as Standalone
but as add-in with Apache.

Thanks for your help,

<<Less

Re: Create WebApplicationWEB-INFclasses directory JBuilder5

Posted By:   Sebastien_Meric  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 2, 2002 10:16 PM

hello,

there are two questions in this post and I have a idea only on the first one :

They may be two things that happens for the web application created with jbuilder. First one you create a war file and not a classes directory, which so or what is the same. Second your web application is not in {$TOMCAT_HOME} and JBuilder handles the necessary entries to the serveur.xml file.

One simple thing you could do if your really bother about the classes directory, is to ask JBuilder to compile directly in /{$TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps/YourAppli/classes.

regards

S├ębastien

Re: Create WebApplicationWEB-INFclasses directory JBuilder5

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 2, 2002 10:08 AM

Hi,

I'm not sure that version 5 of JBuilder can handle a web application in the right way, like 6 or 7 do.

I would say that you should create the WEB-INF and the WEB-INF/classes dirs by your own, and change the project to have JBuilder save the compiled classes under that directory.
About | Sitemap | Contact