Can't send email to Hotmail and Yahoo?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   rania_gferrag
Posted On:   Friday, September 27, 2002 08:11 AM

Hello everyone, I tried to send email to my adress in Hotmail or yahoo and doesn't work. I have another POP address and it works perfectly.

Anyone know what i have to do to send mail to Hotmail and yahoo.

thank you for any reponse+
Rania+

Re: Can't send email to Hotmail and Yahoo?

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, September 27, 2002 09:18 AM

Don't post the same question twice! (http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=1004664)

In that other thread you mentioned that you get a "relaying denied" error from your SMTP server, but that you could send to the same external addresses, through the same SMTP server, from an ASP application, just not from a JavaMail application. How come you didn't mention it when you re-posted here in a different thread?

Also in that other thread I told you that your SMTP server must not like the return address you are giving through your JavaMail client, that it must be coming out different from the return address given by your ASP application, if they really are both sending through the same SMTP server, to the same external destination, and one is OK but the other is rejected, by the SMTP server.

Unless there is more going wrong, and maybe your ASP application is not actually sending through the same SMTP server that you are trying from the JavaMail application?

Re: Can't send email to Hotmail and Yahoo?

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Friday, September 27, 2002 08:14 AM

Make sure you are not trying to send an email with a big attachment or to a full account...
About | Sitemap | Contact