dcsimg
New to i18n
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jason_Prizeman
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 25, 2002 04:11 AM

Ok people forgive my ignorance/stupidity. I'm trying to use tag libs to i18n my jsp based site. I,m using jakarta i18n based tags. This is what I understand/done so far. Changed the page encoding on all pages to UTF-8. Searched through all of the pages for text/data that has to be i18n. Placed all this in a message tag. The message tag contains a key to the text/data that I have written/translated into property files. I understand that ResourceBundles in the form of i18n:bundle tag, which are used in conjunction with the property files that I have. I just don't understand how? Or where the property files should be stored. Also from what I've read, a locale setting is required, i18n:locale, however I don't understand   More>>

Ok people forgive my ignorance/stupidity.

I'm trying to use tag libs to i18n my jsp based site. I,m using jakarta i18n based tags. This is what I understand/done so far.

Changed the page encoding on all pages to UTF-8.
Searched through all of the pages for text/data that has to be i18n. Placed all this in a message tag. The message tag contains a key to the text/data that I have written/translated into property files.
I understand that ResourceBundles in the form of i18n:bundle tag, which are used in conjunction with the property files that I have. I just don't understand how? Or where the property files should be stored.
Also from what I've read, a locale setting is required, i18n:locale, however I don't understand how to use this tag.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact