Programatically expanding a JTree
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ni4ni
Posted On:   Sunday, June 24, 2012 06:19 AM

Hello I have a JTree on a ScrollPane with multiple nodes and sub-nodes. The user can choose any of them directly. Besides this I have a list of recently accessed nodes, when the user selects an entry from the list, the tree should expand the path to this node and select it. I store a path for every node of the tree in a separate database so when a user selects an entry from the list I can immediately have its tree path. Then I use scrollPathToVisible(treepath) but it does not expand the tree. I also tried expandPath(treepath) or even a combination of both but the tree does not expand at all. What am I doing wrong ? whats the preferred method to programatically expand a tree path ? Thanks    More>>
Hello

I have a JTree on a ScrollPane with multiple nodes and sub-nodes. The user can choose any of them directly.
Besides this I have a list of recently accessed nodes, when the user selects an entry from the list, the tree should expand the path to this node and select it.

I store a path for every node of the tree in a separate database so when a user selects an entry from the list I can immediately have its tree path. Then I use scrollPathToVisible(treepath) but it does not expand the tree.
I also tried expandPath(treepath) or even a combination of both but the tree does not expand at all.

What am I doing wrong ? whats the preferred method to programatically expand a tree path ?

Thanks

Guy    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact