In the modern world, motivation and inspiration are indispensable. Stress, excessive physical and mental stress, high expectations of superiors – all this makes employees lose heart, because of that their productivity and efficiency decrease. To improve the atmosphere in the office, improve workflow and increase the motivation of employees, the smartest managers introduce the gamification method into the workflow. For some, it looks like an ordinary marketing ploy, but for others, it is a real salvation in business and education.
Gamification is a business tool that is based on gaming techniques and methods. Any game is about rivalry and competition. When playing, a person is completely immersed in the process, wants to win, to be the best. This is what people lack so much when they are engaged in routine affairs, studying, or working. But it is gamification that will allow you to reach a new level, reveal your potential, and achieve better results.
To get high-quality services for the development of a gamification product, you should contact reliable companies with experience, such as game animation studio.
Benefits of Gamification
If you apply gamification not in the gaming field, but in another type of activity – business, education, and even in everyday life, then you can achieve high results in terms of productivity. Adherents of this method in non-gaming activities argue that in the future, any workflow will be gamified. They believe that this approach will increase not only the efficiency of labor but also the desire of people to work. After all, who does not like to feel at the top, to be the best! Those who have evaluated the benefits of this method can attest to the following benefits:
- increase in labor productivity;
- communication between process participants improves;
- a favorable psychological atmosphere creates in the team;
- team spirit is strengthened;
- there is healthy competition and a desire to become a leader in your group;
- faster feedback;
- it is possible to figure out the best in the team, single out the leader;
- improving the quality of communication;
- corporate culture is developing;
- increased involvement;
- analytical and creative thinking improves;
- a positive mood creates in the team.
It is possible to increase the motivation of employees with the help of such a function as badges. These are the same simple symbols as virtual stickers, prizes or ribbons that players receive for completed tasks or new achievements. These icons can be placed in a variety of places: within the story of the game, inside the company, or outside, for example, on the LinkedIn site.
These badges have a very important function: they help the participant feel his importance, experience. This is understandable because they are real proof of a person’s success and his achievements.
Disadvantages of Gamification
As in any method, process or product, gamification has its drawbacks. Among them are the following ones:
- a short-term effect is achieved – a person constantly needs to be motivated, encouraged to act. One-time success and achievement do not help increase productivity. Joy quickly passes, as does the feeling of importance. To maintain these positive characteristics at a high level, it is important to constantly increase the motivation of a person, that is, to create continuous gamification;
- the superficial impact of game moments on the creation of people;
- lack of desire among team members to participate in the game;
- increased aggression due to increased competition;
- there is a possibility of deception, fraud;
- financial resources are needed to introduce gamification into the work or educational process.
If a person himself does not help himself to be part of gamification, this method will be useless. A desire to win, to defeat rivals, to become the best should appear in the mind.
To find out even more useful and interesting information, you can visit the site https://kevurugames.com/gamification-services/ dedicated to gamification.