Is it possible to do content or context filtering using lucene?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Satya_Komatineni
Posted On:   Saturday, June 4, 2005 11:43 AM

I want to do something similar to what google does with emails in their gmail facility. Google will read the emails and brings out a set of ads or materials to match the content of the email. Or the idea is also similar to finding "similar" articles on a news site, given an article that is being read. By looking at the literature it seems this idea is called "content filtering". I have been reading Lucene articles, mailing lists etc for about a week now. I haven't come across where this is discussed. I appreciate if you can point me to a source or answer here if such a facility or utilities exist in lucene. Thanks Satya Komat   More>>

I want to do something similar to what google does with emails in their gmail facility.

Google will read the emails and brings out a set of ads or materials to match the content of the email.

Or the idea is also similar to finding "similar" articles on a news site, given an article that is being read.

By looking at the literature it seems this idea is called "content filtering". I have been reading Lucene articles, mailing lists etc for about a week now. I haven't come across where this is discussed.

I appreciate if you can point me to a source or answer here if such a facility or utilities exist in lucene.

Thanks

Satya Komatineni

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact