Error displaying JSPs.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rahul_Tiwary
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 10, 2002 11:10 PM

I get the following error message on the console window when I try to execute a JSP - Error: Cannot get the local host address. Exception: Connection refused: no further information Do note that 1.VAJ was working fine and I was getting all pages correctly till a fault in my system forced me to shut down the m/c without properly saving the workspace. Is it that the VAJ workspace is corrupt now ? 2.The Servlet Engine, Persistant Name Server, EJB Server all continue to start correctly. Persistant Name Server, EJB Server are still working properly. 3.The error message on the browser reads something like this :- Error 500 An error has occure   More>>

I get the following error message on the console window when I try to execute a JSP -

Error: Cannot get the local host address.

Exception: Connection refused: no further information

Do note that
1.VAJ was working fine and I was getting all pages correctly till a fault in my system forced me to shut down the m/c without properly saving the workspace. Is it that the VAJ workspace is corrupt now ?

2.The Servlet Engine, Persistant Name Server, EJB Server all continue to start correctly. Persistant Name Server, EJB Server are still working properly.

3.The error message on the browser reads something like this :-

Error 500
An error has occured while processing request:http://localhost:8080/error/error.jsp
Message: Server caught unhandled exception from servlet [jsp]: null

Target Servlet: jsp
StackTrace:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Root Error-1: null

java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.Throwable()
java.lang.Exception()
java.lang.RuntimeException()
java.lang.NullPointerException()
void com.ibm.ivj.jsp.debugger.base.JspEMAgentBase.openServerSocket()
void com.ibm.ivj.jsp.debugger.base.JspEMAgentBase.openServerSocket()

4. I have simplified the error page to just a static piece of html code. It reads -

Error Page !

<<Less

Re: Error displaying JSPs.

Posted By:   Rahul_Tiwary  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 11, 2002 01:35 AM

For the benefit of all of you who might come across this error. I have found a solution for my problem.

• In my case switching "OFF" the JSP Execution monitor correctly displayed the JSP pages. Switching it "ON" resulted in the above error again.

I changed the IsMonitorWindowExists property in the property file, monitorStatus.properties to false :

text of monitorStatus.properties file :
    IsMonitorWindowExists=false# This file stores the monitor status for the JSP Execution Monitor

My problem has been resolved. I am trying to look into the reason why this happened.

Note : Everytime JSPEM Window opens, the property IsMonitorWindowExists is set to true. Only when we close it, it is reset to false.
    What happened in my case was that VAJ IDE was abruptly terminated as I restarted my m/c. The JSPEM was still open at that time. When I tried again later,
    VAJ took it as if the monitor window was already open (it existed), so it failed to start a new Execution Monitor Window. Why it gives this particular error message,
    -Error: Cannot get the local host address. -
    I still do not know. (perhaps it could give a more user friendly message). If anyone of you could share your knowledge about this, you are most welcome !

[ Abbreviation used JSPEM - JSP Execution Monitor ]
  • About | Sitemap | Contact