dcsimg
CVS remote repo
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   john_yao
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 10, 2002 09:58 AM

Hello, I am using JBuilder and CVS for version control. I have created a local "repo" on say computer 'A'. The project is being developed on several other computers (say computer 'B') within a local network. Because we do not want to go through the complexity of setting up a pserver for remote access, we tried to map the c: epo directory on computer 'A' as a network drive on computer 'B' and then set the repo path to the network drive. However, that doesn't seem to work when I tried to commit or update. The error messages were the following: No such file or directory CVS can only be performed on files that are located in the current project's directory tree.    More>>

Hello,

I am using JBuilder and CVS for version control. I have created a local "repo" on say computer 'A'. The project is being developed on several other computers (say computer 'B') within a local network. Because we
do not want to go through the complexity of setting up a pserver for remote access, we tried to map the c:
epo directory on computer 'A' as a network drive on computer 'B' and then set the repo path to the network drive. However, that doesn't seem to work when I tried to
commit or update. The error messages were the following:

No such file or directory
CVS can only be performed on files that are located in the current
project's directory tree.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks very much,
John Yao

<<Less

Re: CVS remote repo

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 10, 2002 10:12 AM

It seems like your solution is more complex than setting up a pserver.

We have a local computer running our pserver for cvs and have had no problems with JBuider.

My suggestion is take the little bit of effort to set up a pserver.

We have our ANT scripts building from the CVS repository, with no problem. Some people use the JBuilder interface for CVS and others prefer the command line interface. No problems either way.

Stephen McConnell

About | Sitemap | Contact