dcsimg
???connect directly to lotus notes by jdbc without install lotus server or client???
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ni_zhen
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 10, 2002 05:38 AM

anyone knows:

how to connect directly to lotus notes by jdbc without install lotus server or client?

thanx a lot.

Re: ???connect directly to lotus notes by jdbc without install lotus server or client???

Posted By:   John_Vaughan  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 10, 2002 06:06 AM

You will need a Notes server running to get the data. I really don't think you can get it out of there without a server running.

Then, I think also you will have to set up the Notes view of the data you are looking for so that it will support an odbc-type of query. I work with Notes all the time, but haven't done what you are wanting to do... I'd use more traditional methods. You can use Java to get to the Notes data, but I'd use the Notes native objects to get to it. There is a lot of very flexible stuff in there, but admittedly there is a learning curve too. Anyway, you can put the same code you would put in a Notes agent into a JSP or servlet, with some modifications. But the basic Domino object stuff is the same. And then you can do whatever you want with the data... port it to another system, print it to the browser... whatever.

There is something called NotesSQL that might be helpful for you if you really want to stick with SQL style queries. You can find it at:

http://www.lotus.com/home.nsf/welcome/notessql

You might have to register on the IBM site to download it, not sure. Also, there is a site for Notes developers here:

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd

...all kinds of Notes related info here.

Re: ???connect directly to lotus notes by jdbc without install lotus server or client???

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 10, 2002 05:47 AM

Without a database server running you cannot use JDBC. What you are apparently wanting to do is read the files, used to store the database, directly. To do this you would need information relating to the file's structure. Writing to the datastore in this way would not be advisable.

Regards
About | Sitemap | Contact