Sending Mail useing Java mail
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, September 5, 2002 02:36 AM

Hi, I want to send a mail using Java mail, I want to use Lotes notes Mail server intead of SMTP directly. I wantd to send via Lotes notes, is it possible, If I tried to send to lotes notes server I am getting these exception, javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed; nested exception is: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses; nested exception is: javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 Unable to relay for omar@scs.com.sg at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:218) at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:80) at MailSender.sendMail(MailSender.java:54) at MailSender.sendMail(MailSender.java:60) at SendMail.main(SendMail.java:55) Email excep   More>>

Hi,

I want to send a mail using Java mail, I want to use Lotes notes Mail server intead of SMTP directly. I wantd to send via Lotes notes, is it possible, If I tried to send to lotes notes server I am getting these exception,
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 Unable to relay for omar@scs.com.sg

at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:218)
at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:80)
at MailSender.sendMail(MailSender.java:54)
at MailSender.sendMail(MailSender.java:60)
at SendMail.main(SendMail.java:55)
Email exception : javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 Unable to relay for omar@scs.com.sg

Can any one help for this.....
Thank you,
Prem Kumar

<<Less

Re: Sending Mail useing Java mail

Posted By:   Jorgen_Nordqvist  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 5, 2002 09:11 PM

"Unable to relay..." means that the email server you have connected to has encountered an SMTP MAIL-TO header with a different domain than that in the email. For example, say you are sending email to user@host1.com, however you are connecting to the SMTP server on host2.com, you will encounter the above message.

Relaying is normally the root cause of spamming so do not bother about trying to persuade your Sys Admin to turn it on - they won't!

Jorgen

Re: Sending Mail useing Java mail

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 5, 2002 08:37 AM

Unable to relay for omar@scs.com.sg

That error sounds like you need to talk to the sysadmin for the mail server, because it is configured to prevent you from sending mail through it like this.

About | Sitemap | Contact