dcsimg
Changing JDK in JBuilder 7
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shishir_Shroff
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 4, 2002 12:48 PM

I recently installed JBuilder 7 (on a linux box) and I want JBuilder to use the most recent jdk (1.4) installed locally on my computer. Whenever I try to do this thru the Configure JDK's menu, JBuilder 7 throws a NullPointerException and the jdk is not changed. Any ideas as to what may be happening? Thanks in advance. Here is part of the stack trace displayed on the command line when the exception is thrown - Exception occurred during event dispatching: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.PathSet.addEntries(Unknown Source) at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.PathSet.addEntries(Unknown Source) at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.PathSet.addEntries(Unknown Source)    More>>

I recently installed JBuilder 7 (on a linux box) and I want JBuilder to use the most recent jdk (1.4) installed locally on my computer. Whenever I try to do this thru the Configure JDK's menu, JBuilder 7 throws a NullPointerException and the jdk is not changed. Any ideas as to what may be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Here is part of the stack trace displayed on the command line when the exception is thrown -

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.PathSet.addEntries(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.JDKPathSet.scanJDK(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.JDKPathSet. (Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.LibPathSetPanel.a(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.LibPathSetPanel.setJDKHome(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.LibPathSetPanel.setJDKHome(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.bc.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1450)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1504)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:378)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:250)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:216)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:3715)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:3544)

<<Less

Re: Changing JDK in JBuilder 7

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 5, 2002 12:47 AM

How did you install the new JDK inside JBuilder? You have a null pointer exception, which might indicate that one data field is not set. Try to add the JDK again (tools > configure JDKs) then check that all the fields are properly set.

don't forget that you are entering a grey area, and that Borland chose to not deliver 1.4 with JBuilder because they know that there are still a few known problems. Check in the borland newsgroups for more info... Proper support will probably come in the next release. If i recall, borland is pretty accurate with keeping a 6 month release schedule.

cheers,
laurent

About | Sitemap | Contact