xa resource vs. xa connection
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jian_Liu
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 3, 2002 02:04 PM

I have a C++ program that manages and uses a pool of database connections. Is there a way for the work done on these connections to be part of a global transaction started in a J2EE server?

Besides XID, is there anything else that relates a db connection to a global transaction? Can I enlist a resource manager that points to the db I am going to use in my C++ program, acquire the XID from the JTS transaction manager, associate the work done in my C++ program with the same XID and ask JTS to coordinate commit/rollback?

Thanks a lot!

Re: xa resource vs. xa connection

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 5, 2002 01:40 AM

interesting problem... no matter what the final answer, i think it will be a per application server one. i.e. i think you are in a grey area... Borland App Server may have a solution for you, considering that it allows C++/Corba based applications to enroll in a transaction. I don't know about the other servers... BEA might also have something for you considering that Weblogic has some ties to Tuxedo.

hope that helps
laurent

Re: xa resource vs. xa connection

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 5, 2002 01:40 AM

interesting problem... no matter what the final answer, i think it will be a per application server one. i.e. i think you are in a grey area... Borland App Server may have a solution for you, considering that it allows C++/Corba based applications to enroll in a transaction. I don't know about the other servers... BEA might also have something for you considering that Weblogic has some ties to Tuxedo.

hope that helps
laurent

About | Sitemap | Contact