dcsimg
javaw.exe crashes and Dr. Watson comes for Windows NT
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nitin_Kumar
Posted On:   Saturday, August 31, 2002 06:47 AM

I am developing one Wwb based Application. My Web Server is IIS and App Server is JRun 3.1 and Data base Server is MS SQL Server 2000 on WIndows NT Server. I am using JSP and Servlet for developing for this application. I am using the driver comes with MS SQL Server. In Browser when I am opening my first page and enters userid and password, it goes inside and then suddenly crashes javaw.exe and Dr. Watson comes for Windows NT and it stops the App Server. Because of this I am not able to test anything. I just read that JDBC Driver provided by Microsoft doesnt work on Windows NT. Can you suggest me which Driver should I use for this and form where I can download that driver and how to use that Driver and the sample Code for Using that Driver   More>>

I am developing one Wwb based Application. My Web Server is IIS and App Server is JRun 3.1 and Data base Server is MS SQL Server 2000 on WIndows NT Server. I am using JSP and Servlet for developing for this application. I am using the driver comes with MS SQL Server.

In Browser when I am opening my first page and enters userid and password, it goes inside and then suddenly crashes javaw.exe and Dr. Watson comes for Windows NT and it stops the App Server. Because of this I am not able to test anything.

I just read that JDBC Driver provided by Microsoft doesnt work on Windows NT. Can you suggest me which Driver should I use for this and form where I can download that driver and how to use that Driver and the sample Code for Using that Driver.

Thanks

Nitin

<<Less

Re: javaw.exe crashes and Dr. Watson comes for Windows NT

Posted By:   Alin_Sinpalean  
Posted On:   Saturday, September 7, 2002 08:33 AM

Hi,

You can get one of the trial versions of a commercial driver (which are all limited in one way or another -- number of connections, time period), you can buy a very expensive commercial version, or you can use jTDS.

jTDS is an open source type 4 (pure Java) JDBC driver for the MS SQL Server series. I'm using it without problems in a very large (over 600 Java classes) web application, I've tested it with a lot of JDBC-based database management tools, it even comes bundled with DataDino (a commercial database management tool). The project's web page is http://jtds.sourceforge.net, you can get the driver class name and URL format from there.

Hope this helps you,
Alin.

About | Sitemap | Contact