Using XML Parsers in J2ME.Help needed URGENTLY.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ajay_luthria
Posted On:   Saturday, August 31, 2002 03:05 AM

Hello, I need an answer to my question very urgently please. I am writing a MIDP application involved in sending and receiving messages to/from the Server with other functionalities where each functionality is an XML request to the server. For sending messages I am creating messages in a particular XML Format and for receiving message I have the XML Parser to parse the XML response received. For this I am using the kxml package in my application to create and read messages. Now using this package in my application, increases the size of the my application. So when the client downloads the application,this may prove too heavy to run    More>>

Hello,

I need an answer to my question very urgently please.

I am writing a MIDP application involved in sending and receiving
messages to/from the Server with other functionalities where each functionality
is an XML request to the server.

For sending messages I am creating messages in a particular XML Format
and for receiving message I have the XML Parser to parse the XML response received.

For this I am using the kxml package in my application to create and read messages.

Now using this package in my application, increases the size of the
my application.

So when the client downloads the application,this may prove too heavy to run on
his cell as the application included the kxml package which takes about 35K of memory.

Certain phones have only 50 K of memory.

The messages I need to send to the server are in a particular XML format
and this format is stored on my client.
I may have 10 different formats of messages on my client or more in the future.

Then I may receive a response from the server which needs to be parsed The Parser is on my client.

How can I send and receive messages with the least amount of processing on the clientand using the kXML package?

One solution I can think of is this:

If a client wants to send a message to the server :

1) He will enter the text contents and press 'send'.

2) The 'Send' command will download the class that is required to create the message in a certain XML format.

3) This class will create the message and send it to the server.

This way I dont need to store the XML Send-Message Format on my client.The XML Send-Message Format is on the server,which gets downloaded onto the
client.

But then again,the class that is downloaded to create the XML Send-Message may contain the kxml package.

So again this may increase the size of the file that needs to be downloaded.

Can any one propose a solution to overcome this problem.

An urgent response is much much appreciated.

ajayluthria@hotmail.com

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact