dcsimg
I am following a MVC structure model i.e. one controller servlet serving for all jsp using Weblogic as webserver. !_NEWLINE_!
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 28, 2002 11:29 PM

I am following a MVC structure model i.e. one controller servlet serving for all jsp using Weblogic as webserver. The code works fine with IE and when we open things with netscape it will display first page verywell and from second page blank screen. When i see the log servlet throwing exception for second page when ever opened with netscape. Could any one suggest what may be wrong? Thanks for valuable time

Re: I am following a MVC structure model i.e. one controller servlet serving for all jsp using Weblogic as webserver. !_NEWLINE_!

Posted By:   Alex_Chaffee  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 4, 2002 11:04 AM

Arun -

To track down a null pointer exception, find the line of code that is throwing it, and look very carefully at it. You will then see which pointer is null. For instance, if the line was

String sub = name.substring(3);

then you know that the "name" variable is null (since it's the only one that was dereferenced).

Until you do that basic homework, you can ask all you want, and nobody will be able to help you.

Good luck, and have fun learning Java -

- Alex

Re: I am following a MVC structure model i.e. one controller servlet serving for all jsp using Weblogic as webserver. !_NEWLINE_!

Posted By:   sivaram_ponraj  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 29, 2002 12:45 AM

Hi Arun,
Will u please tell the exact error message in the servlet.What i feel was may be the controller servlet while delegating the request to the appropriate jsp through redirect may have browser compatibilty problem . Please tell the exact error

Thanks
Sivaram
About | Sitemap | Contact