Question about security between applet and application
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   David_Alcoba
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 28, 2002 01:57 PM

Hi, I have a Java application and an applet. The app needs to know when the user closes the browser with a specific web. For this I do an applet in this web and both are communicated by sockets. When the users closes the browser the applet communicates it to the app (by the destroy method). It only works fine if the applet is the server and the app is the client, why? Is a security problem if the applet (now in client side) tries to connect to the application (server side) in the local machine? Antoher question: The applet is downloaded in localmachine, isn't it? So, the communication by sockets between app and applet is local. I try the applet in my machine and works ok but i don't try to upload it in int   More>>

Hi,

I have a Java application and an applet. The app needs to know when the user closes the browser with a specific web. For this I do an applet in this web and both are communicated by sockets. When the users closes the browser the applet communicates it to the app (by the destroy method). It only works fine if the applet is the server and the app is the client, why? Is a security problem if the applet (now in client side) tries to connect to the application (server side) in the local machine?

Antoher question:

The applet is downloaded in localmachine, isn't it? So, the communication by sockets between app and applet is local. I try the applet in my machine and works ok but i don't try to upload it in internet, any problem?.
I say this because i don't know if when i upload the web page the applet will work like a server for all clients (all the apps running locally), i supose (if the applet is downloaded before its execution) that "only" will be the server for the app which runs in the same pc.

Thanks

<<Less

Re: Question about security between applet and application

Posted By:   Laxman_Subramanian  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 5, 2002 03:58 PM

Hi ,

Applet sandbox is like you can have, applets making connection only to the same server where they orginated from . this applet will work in your case because it trying to connect to the same server where you are hosting it (Localhost) others wont be able to use your applet since they will be restircted to talk to the App in the browser machine . you have to sign it if you want this to work .
About | Sitemap | Contact