dcsimg
unable to generate local home/interface classes
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Paul_Erion
Posted On:   Monday, August 26, 2002 10:27 AM

Wow, I must be doing something tremendously wrong. I don't seem to be able to get any files generated, and XDoclet isn't generating any error messages, so I'm not quite sure where I'm being brain dead. It does generate some warnings, but looking at the FAQ it appears that's OK -- one difference with mine is that the warnings have to do with included files; e.g., "SessionAdapter". Following is a snippet from the ant output: ejb-doclet: Generating Javadoc Javadoc execution Loading source file C:srcejbTestBean.java... Constructing Javadoc information... C:srcejbTestBean.java:31: package ejb.util does not exist import ejb.util.SessionAdapter; # I    More>>

Wow, I must be doing something tremendously wrong. I don't seem to be able to get any files generated, and XDoclet isn't generating any error messages, so I'm not quite sure where I'm being brain dead. It does generate some warnings, but looking at the FAQ it appears that's OK -- one difference with mine is that the warnings have to do with included files; e.g., "SessionAdapter".

Following is a snippet from the ant output:

ejb-doclet:
Generating Javadoc
Javadoc execution
Loading source file C:srcejbTestBean.java...
Constructing Javadoc information...
C:srcejbTestBean.java:31: package ejb.util does not exist
import ejb.util.SessionAdapter;
# I left out the other 10 warnings
Running
Running
11 warnings

And this is a part of my build.xml:

sourcepath="${compile.source}"
destdir="${source.home}"
ejbspec="2.0">

And I thought I'd make it easy on myself and just try to generate the local interface for a single stateless session bean. I've left out some stuff, but following is that Bean class:

/**
* @ejb:bean name="Test_EJB"
* jndi-name="ejb/local/Test"
* type="Stateless"
* view-type="local"
*/
public class TestBean extends SessionAdapter // an adapter for SessionBean
{
/**
* @ejb:interface-method view-type="local"
*/
public void doSomething() throws TestException { /* Stuff */ }
}

If anyone has any ideas what I might be doing wrong, or suggestions as to what to try next I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

:Paul

p.s., I'm using JDK 1.4.01_01, ant 1.5.1 beta 1, and xdoclet 1.1.2

<<Less

Re: unable to generate local home/interface classes

Posted By:   Paul_Erion  
Posted On:   Monday, August 26, 2002 01:19 PM

Sheesh, I was wrong about the warnings being OK ... well at least the ones similar to:

C:srcejbTestBean.java:31: package ejb.util does not exist
import ejb.util.SessionAdapter;

I messed up the sourcepath for the ejbdoclet task. In addition, (for me anyway) the classpath for the ejbdoclet taskdef needed to include the jar with the J2EE classes (e.g., "jboss-j2ee.jar"). Which leads me to a followup question, is that normal/necessary? None of the examples that I looked at made any mention of including that file (or its equivalent).

Thanks,

:Paul

About | Sitemap | Contact