Possible to generate two different EJB deployment desriptors for the same EJB?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Matt_Osminer
Posted On:   Thursday, August 22, 2002 12:40 PM

I have an EJB that I want to make accessible through a security layer that exposes a local and remote interface, but I want a second container instance of the same EJB that can be called without any security using only a local interface. Thus components local to the server can acccess my EJB services without having security overhead, but the outside world still must still pass security. My work around (I'm using JBoss) is to create two EJB descriptors in the ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml files - where both EJB descriptors reference the same base code but one uses security and a remote interface, whereas the other just uses a local interface. I then setup container specific security container configurations in jboss.xml via. a container merge file so one bean uses se   More>>

I have an EJB that I want to make accessible through a security layer that exposes a local and remote interface, but I want a second container instance of the same EJB that can be called without any security using only a local interface. Thus components local to the server can acccess my EJB services without having security overhead, but the outside world still must still pass security. My work around (I'm using JBoss) is to create two EJB descriptors in the ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml files - where both EJB descriptors reference the same base code but one uses security and a remote interface, whereas the other just uses a local interface. I then setup container specific security container configurations in jboss.xml via. a container merge file so one bean uses security while the other does not.

<<Less

Re: Possible to generate two different EJB deployment desriptors for the same EJB?

Posted By:   Ara_Abrahamian  
Posted On:   Friday, August 23, 2002 01:45 AM

Not possible yet, but there's a feature request for it and we're planning to implement it.

Ara.

Re: Possible to generate two different EJB deployment desriptors for the same EJB?

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Friday, August 23, 2002 12:34 AM

You can use

/**
* @some:tag blabla="${some.ant.property}"
*/

XDoclet will substitute ${some.ant.property} with the value of the ant property.

So you just invoke XDoclet twice, with different values for the props at each invocation.

HTH,

Aslak

About | Sitemap | Contact