dcsimg
ClassCastException with vizdom.server and JDatastore4
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   jason_barto
Posted On:   Thursday, August 22, 2002 10:24 AM

I recently installed JDatastore4 (without installing JBuilder) and went to run a perl script to connect to the database, run a simple query, and disconnect. I start the com.vizdom.dbd.jdbc.Server, start the JDS server, I have Convert::BER, DBI, and DBD::JDBC installed using ActiveState's latest Perl build (I think 631 or is it 623) on Win2k. As soon as I issue an DBI->connect(...) an exception is thrown by the vizdom.server saying that com.vizdom...BerHash has thrown a ClassCastException. Can anyone please tell me what is causing this... I'm open to ideas as I am fresh out after two days of this. Plus Google has nothing for keywords 'cast exception vizdom' or 'vizdom jdatastore.    More>>

I recently installed JDatastore4 (without installing JBuilder) and went to run a perl script to connect to the database, run a simple query, and disconnect.

I start the com.vizdom.dbd.jdbc.Server, start the JDS server, I have Convert::BER, DBI, and DBD::JDBC installed using ActiveState's latest Perl build (I think 631 or is it 623) on Win2k.

As soon as I issue an DBI->connect(...) an exception is thrown by the vizdom.server saying that com.vizdom...BerHash has thrown a ClassCastException.

Can anyone please tell me what is causing this... I'm open to ideas as I am fresh out after two days of this. Plus Google has nothing for keywords 'cast exception vizdom' or 'vizdom jdatastore.

Please let me know if you need more info.

My sincerest thanx,
Jason

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact