directory lookup server (DLS)
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mike_none
Posted On:   Thursday, August 22, 2002 05:08 AM

i need to write a dls i have done a done a server prog and client but i need the dls registery basically, the DLS needs to maintain a list of currently running services and theirs hosts and port numbers. When a server starts it has to register its service with its local DLS. All messages will be text based for simplicity. The dls will store the information and send an acknowlagement to the server.It needs also to be able to send details of ther server to the remote dls. This can all be simple because its a peice of coursework and i only need a pass, i have done a server and client program using sockets, but i am not sure how to do the DLS part. Any help would be appriciated, web pages and such and code. Cheers Mike   More>>

i need to write a dls i have done a done a server prog and client but i need the dls registery basically,
the DLS needs to maintain a list of currently running services and theirs hosts and port numbers. When a server starts it has to register its service with its local DLS. All messages will be text based for simplicity. The dls will store the information and send an acknowlagement to the server.It needs also to be able to send details of ther server to the remote dls.

This can all be simple because its a peice of coursework and i only need a pass, i have done a server and client program using sockets, but i am not sure how to do the DLS part.

Any help would be appriciated, web pages and such and code.
Cheers
Mike

<<Less

Re: directory lookup server (DLS)

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 22, 2002 09:33 AM

What is your instructor's email address? We will need that, to do your project for you.

About | Sitemap | Contact