dcsimg
Sending Session from ASP page to JSP page
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ravi_B
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 21, 2002 09:38 PM

Hi All

I wanted to know if there is a way to pass a session object created in an ASP file to a JSP file.

I do not want to append the variable value to the URL as it contains sensitive information. Hence, I want to pas the variable information using a session object.

Re: Sending Session from ASP page to JSP page

Posted By:   michael_dean  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 21, 2002 10:16 PM

Object to object communication between a Java object and an object in another language can be accomplished using the Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA), but there are easier ways to do what you want. For example, recreating the ASP application in Java (or vice versa) is probably easier (especially once maintenance is taken into account) than developing a CORBA solution. :)

Another solution would be to write the data to some "common middle ground" on the server (i.e. a file or a database that you access from both ASP and JSP). Just make sure you take into account multi-threaded access and data locking.

Note that whatever solution you use, make sure that you take security into account. Remember that the Java HttpSession implementation was not designed to provide security for a web application (and most likely that applies equally to ASP). In other words, don't rely on the jSessionId to keep your data from falling into the wrong hands. Talk to the security experts, and make sure that the level of protection provided is commensurate with the value of the data being protected.

About | Sitemap | Contact