dcsimg
Please Help! ...
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jimmy_Yap
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 21, 2002 06:34 PM

I have several questions here. Please help... Condition: 1 JAPPLET with 1 JBUTTON. 1. I am using third-party look and feel. I have imported the JAR file into my project. I can create the LookAndFeel class, but when I run the applet in VAJ, it reported errors: that it could not find any LookAndFeel for the JBUTTON. But when I export the project to a specific directory, and run the CLASS file, no error happened. JButton component will have the correct LookAndFeel. Anyone can help ? 2. Where VAJ save my Project ? I need to get it so I can distribute them to my team member. 3. I have VAJ 3.0 Enterprise Edition. What JDK does it h   More>>

I have several questions here. Please help...

Condition:
1 JAPPLET with 1 JBUTTON.

1. I am using third-party look and feel. I have imported the JAR file into
my project.
I can create the LookAndFeel class, but when I run the applet in VAJ, it
reported errors:
that it could not find any LookAndFeel for the JBUTTON.

But when I export the project to a specific directory, and run the CLASS
file, no
error happened. JButton component will have the correct LookAndFeel.

Anyone can help ?

2. Where VAJ save my Project ? I need to get it so I can distribute them to
my team member.

3. I have VAJ 3.0 Enterprise Edition. What JDK does it have ?
Can I update the JDK ?

Please help!

Thank you.

<<Less

Re: Please Help! ...

Posted By:   Eric_Rizzo  
Posted On:   Friday, August 23, 2002 07:26 PM

Posted By:   Jeanne_Boyarsky  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 22, 2002 06:05 PM

Answer to question 2:

VAJ stores your project in a local repository (I think the default is c:program filesibmvajideprogramivj.dat)

However, this is not in a useful format to share with a team member. You either want to have a shared repository, or export your code.

To export your code, right click the project and choose export. Then, select a directory. VAJ will export your code in .java and .class format withing the proper directory structure for your package names. Note that code must be compilable to be exported.

Posted By:   Ganesh_T  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 22, 2002 11:07 AM

Did you include that jar file in your work space Class path.I think that's the reson ,why you are able to create the class but not able to run it.And you are able to run in another directory because you might have set classpath which points to the jar Files.
IN VAJ go to Menu windows>Options>Resources there you add Jar files.for remaining questions please see JGURU VAJ Faq.
About | Sitemap | Contact