Full-duplex multithread socket in a server. Is it possible?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, August 19, 2002 05:21 AM

Hi all, I need to develop a java program in which there is a server and multiple clients. At any time, data can sent from server to client or from client to server. I have check a program that uses a multithread socket in the server to listen to any incoming new connection to the socket, and it works to listen to the clients and answer it, but I use a different socket with each client to make possible that it receives data from the server simultaneously that it sends data to the server. Is possible to have serveral threads on the same server socket in such manner that ones are listening the sockets (are waiting for incoming data) and the others are ready to send   More>>

Hi all,

I need to develop a java program in which there is a server and multiple clients.

At any time, data can sent from server to client or from client to server.

I have check a program that uses a multithread socket in the server to listen to any
incoming new connection to the socket, and it works to listen to the clients and answer it,

but I use a different socket with each client to make possible that it receives data from
the server simultaneously that it sends data to the server.

Is possible to have serveral threads on the same server socket in such manner that
ones are listening the sockets (are waiting for incoming data) and the others are ready
to send data to the client ?

Many thanks

José Fernández    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact