increse Performance working in Internet form filling and getting data from database
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ka_Sekar
Posted On:   Saturday, August 17, 2002 06:48 AM

How to increse Performance working in Internet Ejb(suppose I work in internet environment form filling..there is dyamic data's like Nationaliy,workfield it's may be more than 1000 records).So What type I can use(ejb or xml or javascript)increase the performance?I expect the answer very urgent.

Which is best EJB or Xml or servlet or javascript(depending performance)

Re: increse Performance working in Internet form filling and getting data from database

Posted By:   Lasse_Koskela  
Posted On:   Sunday, August 18, 2002 05:53 AM

Regarding performance of applications utilizing EJBs, there are several design patterns. Go to theserverside.com and check out the ebook "EJB Design Patterns".

Perhaps the most popular patterns used are "session facade" and "value object", which aim to minimize the network traffic caused by a remote method call.

You really can't compare EJB, XML, Servlet and JavaScript with each other as they are completely different technologies.

JavaScript is purely client-side stuff, so it has no significant effect on your application's performance.

XML is good for cooperation between different applications written by different authorities, but performance-wise, XML is sloooow compared to binary alternatives of data representation.

For retrieving large chunks of records from a database, Entity Beans (EJB) are a terrible choice. You can use a Session Bean as a front end for the data access layer, but please, implement the data access using JDBC.

About | Sitemap | Contact