when iam reverse engineering java source using rose i couldn't get class diagram.
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mupparaju_srinivas
Posted On:   Thursday, August 15, 2002 11:34 PM

when iam reverse engineering java source using rose i couldn't get class diagram in class diagram Logical View/Main.why?

Thanks
Srinivas

Re: when iam reverse engineering java source using rose i couldn't get class diagram.

Posted By:   rajeev_kumar  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 11, 2002 09:14 AM

RR can do the reverse enng, after rev is done , just see in the left pane..down below, the class doesnot come on the MAIN as u mentioned, but till create the package structure whcih u did rev enng of, so u have to just drag and drop the classes to the MAIN, hope this helps

Re: when iam reverse engineering java source using rose i couldn't get class diagram.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Friday, August 30, 2002 01:10 AM

Do you mean - why doesn't the Rose reverse engineer generate the class diagram - or are you unable to manually create one ?

If the former, then it's basically down to Rose's brain dead reverse engineering (used to be pretty embarassing trying to demo it to customers). If you want to see how Java reverse-engineering should work have a look at the open source ArgoUML.

If the latter then you'll have to explain a bit more what your problem is. Can you create a (blank) diagram in the spot you are trying in an empty Rose model ? If yes then the reverse engineer is corrupting part of the model - run the model checker.

About | Sitemap | Contact