dcsimg
Looking for well organized open build projects. Our own ANT build has grown unmaintenable.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Oyvind_Roth
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 13, 2002 02:47 PM

We have reached a limit of complexity in our project now where the time to keeping the ant build working just takes too killing long. We have to redesign and straighten up our build routines so that every subproject builds consistetly with the others. Especially, dependencies among them have to be handled in a comprehencible and an as easy as possible way. Shortly, we have a project with about ten subprojects (aka subsystems aka modules), of size "medium big". 1) Where can I find examples of outstandingly well organized project builds consisting of several interworking subsystems? I have found JBoss' build, and I will probably pick some ideas from there. They are using the buildmagic philosophy and extension tasks. The methodology is fairly well d   More>>

We have reached a limit of complexity in our project now where the time to keeping the ant build working just takes too killing long. We have to redesign and straighten up our build routines so that every subproject builds consistetly with the others. Especially, dependencies among them have to be handled in a comprehencible and an as easy as possible way. Shortly, we have a project with about ten subprojects (aka subsystems aka modules), of size "medium big".
1) Where can I find examples of outstandingly well organized project builds consisting of several interworking subsystems? I have found JBoss' build, and I will probably pick some ideas from there. They are using the buildmagic philosophy and extension tasks. The methodology is fairly well described in http://www.softagency.co.jp/jboss/org/bm-usersguide.pdf, but I miss the tasks documentation. 2) Where can I find some buildmagic task documentation? The documentation in http://www.jboss.org/developers/guides/buildsystem.jsp is not going deeply enough into the technicalities behind.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact