Problem with the coexistence of 2 orbs, visibroker and jbroker
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anupama_Sathuluri
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 13, 2002 01:13 PM

hi, I am having problem with coexistence of 2 orbs, visibroker and jbroker(another corba vendor). My program has 2 layers. The first layer initializes a visibroker orb with the required properties and gets a RootPOA and namedPOA to talk to my second layer. Second layer has to talk to an application which communicates via jbroker orb. So my second layer initializes jbroker orb with the required properties and gets a RootPOA and makes a call rootPOA.servant_to_reference(servant); it throws an error java.lang.NoSuchMethodError com.objectEra.jbroker.Poa.ActiveObjectMapImpl.putServant My program works perfectly fine if i run the second layer alone. But i have to make it work along with   More>>

hi,

I am having problem with coexistence of 2 orbs, visibroker and jbroker(another corba vendor).

My program has 2 layers. The first layer initializes a visibroker orb with the required properties and gets a RootPOA and namedPOA to talk to my second layer. Second layer has to talk to an application which communicates via jbroker orb. So my second layer initializes jbroker orb with the required properties and gets a RootPOA and makes a call

rootPOA.servant_to_reference(servant);

it throws an error

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
com.objectEra.jbroker.Poa.ActiveObjectMapImpl.putServant

My program works perfectly fine if i run the second layer alone. But i have to make it work along with the first layer. Please give me some suggestion. This problem is been for 3 weeks. I couldnt find a solution. So i am posting this message so that i could get some help.

I have few questions:
1. can i get 2 rootPOAs in the same jvm space ?
2.Is the jvm getting confused and picking the wrong jar files at some point ??
3. is there any other way to resolve this problem ?

If i try to use visibroker in the second layer also i am not getting the callback.

thanks,
Anu.

<<Less

Re: Problem with the coexistence of 2 orbs, visibroker and jbroker

Posted By:   Chris_Peyton  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 14, 2002 09:10 AM

We had a similar problem. We were trying to use to different ORB's in the same JVM. IBM's component broker and Iona's Orbix 2000. We were trying to make a client side corba call from an EJB running in WebSphere. After much investigation and talking with the vendors, they determined it was not possible to do this. Both vendors standpoint was that the existence of two ORB implementations in the same space or JVM was not supported. There are too many problems with the ORB classes, the OMG classes, class loading, etc... We had to create an RMI bridge and run the ORB's in different JVM's.

Re: Problem with the coexistence of 2 orbs, visibroker and jbroker

Posted By:   Alex_Kobyakov  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 14, 2002 01:36 AM

1.How did you setup orb.properties?

2. What's the problem with visibroker and callback?
Why you can't use visibroker in second layer too?
About | Sitemap | Contact