SocketException using Tomcat 3.3a
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   charles_so
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 13, 2002 02:46 AM

During debugging I come across this error when using Tomcat 3.3a under Mac OS X 10.1.5: What am I to do? I am using ConnectionPooling, and the the connection is released after it is finished. PoolTcpEndpoint: Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8007] ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: Too many open files java.net.SocketException: Too many open files at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:421) at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:243) at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:222) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptS   More>>

During debugging I come across this error when using Tomcat 3.3a under Mac OS X 10.1.5:

What am I to do? I am using ConnectionPooling, and the the connection is released after it is finished.

PoolTcpEndpoint: Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8007] ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:421)
at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:243)
at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:222)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
2002-08-13 17:40:15 - Ctx(/magic) : Status code:404 request:R( /magic + /images/main_07o.jpg + null) msg:null
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:496)

<<Less

Re: SocketException using Tomcat 3.3a

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 13, 2002 06:38 AM

.....addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0........ Too many open files ......

Is "0.0.0.0" your local host? (are you connecting to a database locally on your Mac?)

It looks like you are not closing all the connections you think you are, or something like that, because the OS is telling you that you have run out of file descriptors ("too many open files") and you need to close some.

About | Sitemap | Contact