javax.naming.NameNotFoundException
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   michael_bauer
Posted On:   Sunday, August 11, 2002 08:39 PM

Hi. Please help me. I am in a bit of a bind. Unfortunately, I don't know Java. I'm trying to resurrect an old Java application that's on my box for demonstration purposes. It's got kind of a crufty environment that I'm trying to clean up. I've kind of got it sputtering to life but keep getting the above message when I get to the critical juncture in the demo. Let me explain the basic situation. I'm running a JSP that's connecting to a MySQL database (mysql-3.23.33) through ServletExec in jdk1.2.2. This gets me the basic database information. I figured out I needed a new version of the JDBC driver for this. All good. However, part of the advanced functionality requires a bean. which I think is an EJB (why there mig   More>>

Hi. Please help me. I am in a bit of a bind. Unfortunately, I don't know Java. I'm trying to resurrect an old Java application that's on my box for demonstration purposes. It's got kind of a crufty environment that I'm trying to clean up. I've kind of got it sputtering to life but keep getting the above message when I get to the critical juncture in the demo.

Let me explain the basic situation. I'm running a JSP that's connecting to a MySQL database (mysql-3.23.33) through ServletExec in jdk1.2.2. This gets me the basic database information. I figured out I needed a new version of the JDBC driver for this. All good.

However, part of the advanced functionality requires a bean. which I think is an EJB (why there might be some difference between a bean and an "EJ" bean makes no sense to me). Apparently this bean used to run on a remote box, but I've moved the database to this box so I want things to point here. I've tried to hack getting this up and running with this JOnAS EJB container/server thing and setting what I think are all the right little parameters. When I run EJBServer, I get the message:

Cannot read the deployment descriptors 'ejb-jar.xml': Home class not found for bean Lookup: net.webb.lod.LookupHome

Which seems stupid because I run the thing from the directory with ejb-jar.xml (which seems well-formed) and this damn $CLASSPATH is set to point to the directory where it looks like this LookupHome.class is.

I thought all of this was the job of this rmiregistry (which seems to get mentioned as an afterthought in the documentation). Running that gets me up to that NameNotFoundException and let's me get to the above error message when I'm trying to run the Jonas EJBServer.

So, I'm pretty confused and could really use a little help. I don't understand what my problem is. I thought I had this provider.url thing set in jndi.properties like this:

java.naming.provider.url rmi://bauer:1099

where bauer is the name of my machine. I'm running rmiregistry (which no one seems to tell you about). In short, I'm FUBAR. Pity me. Please help.

Just FYI, I've downloaded the new Tomcat/Jonas combo special in the hopes that I can move everything to a nice clean spot. I think that if I just run this "one thing" then I can get my JSP pages to access my Bean and my servlets through a separate web server running in this package. I just want something that used to run to run again.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact