how to use applets in my own internet browser
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Saturday, August 10, 2002 03:59 PM

i have made my own browser using JEditorPane it is working fine for html sites but it has following three problems 1. it dont show HTML pages on my comp if webserver is not runing. 2. give problem for sites which require passward. 3. it dont run APPLETS the following is result wht my browser displays when i try to run an APPLET provided as demo applets with JDK ************************************************* alt="Your browser understands the tag but isn't running the applet, for some reason." Your browser is completely ignoring the tag! ---------------------------------------------------- and following is the result when i try to chat on an APPLET based chatting site *****************   More>>

i have made my own browser using JEditorPane it is working fine for html sites but it has following three problems
1. it dont show HTML pages on my comp if webserver is not runing.
2. give problem for sites which require passward.
3. it dont run APPLETS the following is result wht my browser displays when i try to run an APPLET provided as demo applets with JDK
alt="Your browser understands the tag but isn't running the applet, for some reason." Your browser is completely ignoring the tag!
----------------------------------------------------
and following is the result when i try to chat on an APPLET based chatting site
Just enter your nick name and start Chat
Sorry, but your browser is not Java enabled, and you will not be able to chat
------------------------------------------------------

i will b greatly thankful to any one who help me to find solution to the above three or any of the three problems. this is my Java project for my JAVA course. i have to submit this project in 2 days plz mail me at sam19_@hotmail.com

<<Less

Re: how to use applets in my own internet browser

Posted By:   Jorgen_Nordqvist  
Posted On:   Saturday, August 10, 2002 08:03 PM

Oh man, if you have to deliver a Java enabled browser in two days and have not even thought about the Java component then you are in trouble... :-)

As for the password problem, I suspect you may not be handling the cookies correctly. Your cookie handling should be able to manage both session cookies as well as persistent cookies.

Jorgen

About | Sitemap | Contact