dcsimg
File access to the client via an applet
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dirk_Keller
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 7, 2002 03:20 PM

Hello, as a part of an web based content tool i try to request information about a file located on a MAC-OS9. I use IE5.1 and Netscape 6.0 to load an applet(swing) contained in a signed jar file (modified for MRJ 2.2.5) to bypass the security restriction. The code sequence File file = new File("MacHD:Documents:test.txt"); does not make the file.length() available. It seems, the system prevents me from retrieving these system resources. Do you know how i can access files from an applet ? Thank you in advance Dirk PS: even modification of the IE5.1 settings do not display any messages on the java console. Thus a log file would make a lot of sense too. .    More>>

Hello,

as a part of an web based content tool i try to request information about a file located on a MAC-OS9. I use IE5.1 and Netscape 6.0 to load an applet(swing) contained in a signed jar file (modified for MRJ 2.2.5) to bypass the security restriction.

The code sequence File file = new File("MacHD:Documents:test.txt"); does not make the file.length() available. It seems, the system prevents me from retrieving these system resources.

Do you know how i can access files from an applet ?

Thank you in advance

Dirk

PS: even modification of the IE5.1 settings do not display any messages on the java console. Thus a log file would make a lot of sense too.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact