dcsimg
Serialization of a Bean in SUN's ActiveX Bridge for Java
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   d_aemon
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 6, 2002 01:39 AM

I have the following problem: I need to wrap my Applet using SUN's ActiveX Bridge for Java to create an ActiveX component from it. So I made changes to create a Bean object from my Applet and I used the ActiveX Bridge sun.beans.ole.Packager to register the Bean as an ActiveX component. I derived my Applet from Externalizable interface and my readExternal and writeExternal methods are empty. Now comes the problem: when I try to create a new instance of the ActiveX component in Win32 environment, I get java.io.StreamCorruptedException; Type code out of range, is 0 which comes from sun.beans.ole.OleBeanInterface.loadBean() . I don't know the location from which the environment tries to load instance of my Bean and   More>>

I have the following problem:

I need to wrap my Applet using SUN's ActiveX Bridge for Java to create an ActiveX component from it. So I made changes to create a Bean object from my Applet and I used the ActiveX Bridge sun.beans.ole.Packager to register the Bean as an ActiveX component. I derived my Applet from Externalizable interface and my readExternal and writeExternal methods are empty.

Now comes the problem: when I try to create a new instance of the ActiveX component in Win32 environment, I get java.io.StreamCorruptedException; Type code out of range, is 0 which comes from sun.beans.ole.OleBeanInterface.loadBean() .

I don't know the location from which the environment tries to load instance of my Bean and I don't know why I'm getting that exception when I'm not loading anything from the serialization storage.

If You ever reached this problem or if You have any idea of what am I doing wrong, please drop a line. I'm really stuck. I've searched tons of sites and did not find any answer. Please, help :(

Thanx, d.aemon

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact