EJB - Design patterns
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, August 1, 2002 11:56 PM

Hello, As I’m quite new to the EJB arena, I would like your opinion to the following two suggested architectures for a project I’m working on. In brief, my team has to develop the HR management part of a bigger application. Core components: Bea Weblogic 6.1, Oracle 8.1.7.3, Java 1.3.1, Solaris, Oracle Internet Directory Server 2.1.1. The main idea is that users should be web-able to modify entries in LDAP server. What is not clear to me is what is the best approach for the EJB container side.(J2EE container and EJB container functionality is differentiated only for illustration purposes, since there are combined in BEA anyway) As you can see on the attached pic, Architecture A is using the JavaBean(JB) as a Context cach   More>>

Hello,

As I’m quite new to the EJB arena, I would like your opinion to the following two suggested architectures for a project I’m working on. In brief, my team has to develop the HR management part of a bigger application. Core components: Bea Weblogic 6.1, Oracle 8.1.7.3, Java 1.3.1, Solaris, Oracle Internet Directory Server 2.1.1. The main idea is that users should be web-able to modify entries in LDAP server. What is not clear to me is what is the best approach for the EJB container side.(J2EE container and EJB container functionality is differentiated only for illustration purposes, since there are combined in BEA anyway)

As you can see on the attached pic, Architecture A is using the JavaBean(JB) as a Context cache and the ejB "talks" directly with LDAP, where on Architecture B the JavaBean with its "generic query" mechanism handles the specific query generated on ejB which only performs data manipulation/routing.

For me, it seems like:

Architecture A:

(+): JB can be more generic, acting as a generic cache - caching other items too (i.e. remote interfaces for ejbs etc), better load management for ejBs than JB(???)

(-): ???

Architecture B:

(+): Generic JavaBean that can be used identical in any similar environment

(-): ???

The suggested architecture can be depicted here:

Thanks in advance for your time checking this out,

Nassos

<<Less

Re: EJB - Design patterns

Posted By:   Neo_Gigs  
Posted On:   Monday, August 5, 2002 02:31 AM

I would recommend you to use a Facade design pattern in this place. Or you can thinking to get a Session facade patterm. For more information, please visit www.theserverside.com for more design patterns respository.

TQ

Neo

About | Sitemap | Contact