JMS Architecture
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, August 1, 2002 11:28 PM

Dears. I need to know that what kind of architecture we need to develope a chat application which provides the following facilites. 1- Subscription 2-Authentication 3-Topics 4-Publish the message to the client with specific topic 5- Maintain topics Tools Invloved (or we must use , you can say are) 1-VisualAge or Jbuilder websphere    More>>

Dears. I need to know that what kind of architecture we need to develope a chat application which provides the following facilites.

1- Subscription

2-Authentication

3-Topics

4-Publish the message to the client with specific topic

5- Maintain topics

Tools Invloved (or we must use , you can say are)

1-VisualAge or Jbuilder

websphere

<<Less

Re: JMS Architecture

Posted By:   Martin_Kernland  
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 6, 2002 01:40 AM

Hi

Most JMS providers have a simple chat application as a demo or sample application shipped with their product. Or search the web, you might find some source code.

A simple chat could consist of a topic and several consumers and producers. (As you can see the chat-application is very easy to build with JMS :-).

I don't know what you mean by "maintain topics"...with some providers you need to define the topics in beforehand. Some providers create the topics on the fly, as soon as a consumer or a producer connects to the server.

As a side remark: you don't necessarily need EJBs, xml or a DB (unless you want the messages to be persistent) to build a chat application.

-Martin
About | Sitemap | Contact