dcsimg
Unable to display Chinese / Japenese Characters (reading from resource bundle)
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sankar_Subramanian
Posted On:   Thursday, August 1, 2002 12:40 AM

I am using resource bundle to get the static messages and labels ina particular language to display it in the browser. I used the following statement in the code response.setContentType("text/html; charset=UTF-8"); and also i used this statement too <%@ page language="java" import="java.util.*" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"%> When i try to display German, French characters it works fine. But this doesn't work when i try to display chinese/japanese characters. Any suggestions or ideas ? Thanks in Advance Sankar    More>>

I am using resource bundle to get the static messages and labels ina particular language to display it in the browser.

I used the following statement in the code

response.setContentType("text/html; charset=UTF-8"); and also i used this statement too

<%@ page language="java" import="java.util.*" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"%>

When i try to display German, French characters it works fine. But this doesn't work when i try to display chinese/japanese characters. Any suggestions or ideas ?

Thanks in Advance

Sankar

<<Less

Re: Unable to display Chinese / Japenese Characters (reading from resource bundle)

Posted By:   Jorgen_Nordqvist  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 7, 2002 03:45 PM

Assuming you are using IE, check what the encoding format of your browser is set to (View --> Encoding). It must either be set to "Auto-Select" or to "UTF-8" to work with the content type you have specified in the HTTP header.

Jorgen

About | Sitemap | Contact